Frost & Sullivan Australia Broadband forecast 2005
Australia’s "at home" broadband market is set to reach $1.3 billion in access revenues by the end of 2005, up 36% over 2004, according to a study from Frost & Sullivan Australia. Industry revenues are forecast to reach $2.5 billion by 2010.
The company defines the "at home" broadband market as all broadband access connected to a "household residency". This includes households purchasing broadband, as well as broadband purchased by a business for home offices.
The researchers estimates that by the end of 2005, 69% of households will be online, with 35% using a broadband connection. This equates to a total of 1.9 million "at home" broadband connections.
The survey also found the majority (83%) of "at home" broadband products are purchased by households, with the remaining 17% purchased by home-based businesses with an ABN.
We invite your comments: Comments Off on Frost & Sullivan Australia Broadband forecast 2005Tagged in: Australia, Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific