Hutchison 3 was Australia’s first Wideband CDMA (WCDMA) operator, launching its 3G services in Sydney and Melbourne in 2003. Since then it has been focusing on developing 3G content to offer service differentiation against competitors.
3’s 3G services deliver integrated voice, data, video, text and audio including:
- email products such as Email on 3 (SEVEN client) and Nokia Email with unlimited usage offerings within packs;
- live and streamed mobile TV services (Channel 9’s broadcast of the cricket, SBS, CNN, ABC Kids, Sky Racing, Cartoon Network, Rage, E! Entertainment, MTV);
- mobile Internet and mobile data;
- news and sports (video news reports and text stories);
- music on your mobile from the 3 music store, including full length audio, video downloads, tones, call me tones and TV;
- interactive multi-player games;
- other entertainment and information services including truelocal.com.au, realestate.com.au, eBay, transport guides, RSVP, eat and drink guides, movie and TV guides;
- social networking products;
- video calling – in Australia and internationally with overseas 3 networks;
- dualmode – enabling national and international 2G telephony, SMS. MMS and email;
- short video clip messaging to other 3 handsets and email addresses;
- area-specific information and guides;
- videotalk to PC – allows customers to call any webcam and email-enabled PC, and see the person with whom they are talking.
3 Mobile TV featuring such programs as live cricket of the Test Series and One Day Internationals from Channel Nine, along with South Park, have proved to be quite popular.
In early 2007 Hutchison launched the X-Series, a new Internet applications suite, handset range and pricing structure. 3’s mobile phones can be used as modems and thus also provide Internet access to PCs and laptops via Hutchison’s upgraded HSDPA network.
VHA offers a suite of mobile Internet services across both the 3 and Vodafone brands, including Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, eBay, Google, and access to a plethora of email account brands via aggregated email applications such as Email on 3 and Nokia Messaging.
3 continues to support a Skype application which is available to download for free from their Planet 3 portal on over 70 handsets. 3’s Skype application allows customers to make Skype-to-Skype calls and Chat (IM) and is an unlimited inclusion in all Mobile Internet and Talk International packs.
We invite your comments: Comments Off on Hutchison 3